About Karthik Srinivasan
Karthk is director product management at ErosDigital. Karthik has been ex-head products at Vodafone before and Ex-Product Samsung too.
Karthik does tech products in the mobile domain that manifest as apps & websites. He is extremely passionate about product management & consumer behavior, with ambitions of marrying these domains to put a dent in them. He is currently a Director of Products at Eros Digital.
Beyond work, he blogs on technology, writes stories in English & Tamil and is a (passive) member of the Bangalore chapter of Mensa. Now to the uninitiated, Mensa is the largest and oldest high IQ society in the world. It is a non-profit organization open to people who score at the 98th percentile or higher on a standardized, supervised IQ or other approved intelligence test.
Now you know why the guest today is so special.
On & off, Karthik can be seen in panel discussions in Bangalore’s vibrant start-up circuit – TiE, NASSCOM, MoMo chapters, YourStory, CSI, Silicon India, Java One, India Product Management Association etc. He has also done some writing for start-up blogs like NextBigWhat and YourStory.
He also does guest lectures in IIM Bangalore, his alma mater, in the area of, as you might rightly guess, “Consumer Behavior concepts applied to Product Management”.
Questions for Karthik:
- Please share with us your career trajectory briefly.
- Before we even begin on the subject of behavioural psychology in design, I would like to ask you something on your new role in Eros. You have been for close to 4 months in Eros. Now I would like to know from you how do you plan to begin a new product role, a role as senior and influential as yours when joining a new organization. Do you create a 100 day plan for yourself? I ask this because I too am joining a new organization in two weeks and I would like to learn from you.
- What makes application of Psychology important in Hi Tech products?
- You deliver a popular lecture in IIM Bangalore : consumer behavior in Prodcut management where you provide concepts from Psychology that are relevant for Product Design & Examples from each concept – Personality, Motivation, Attitude, Perception & Learning.
- Do you want to summarise each of them. But before that you begin your presentation, you mentioned about impact of consumer behaviour on 4Ps and the lowest influence of consumer behaviour was on Products.
- What is the biggest product challenge you faced in your career. How did you resolve it?
- What are some of the books that have influenced your product career?
- What are some of the vital skills that you think a product manager can’t do without to succeed in his career?
- Karthik’s blog: http://www.carnivas.com
- About Perpetual Maps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxkb_isxrlo
- Karthik’s lecture in IIM Bangalore: http://www.slideshare.net/carnivas/application-of-consumer-behavior-in-product-management
- Dalda problem: http://techynotions.
blogspot.in/2015/06/dalda- problem.html (