What is Product Camp?
In the spirit of BarCamp, ProductCamp is a collaborative, user organized unconference, focused on Product Management and Marketing topics. At ProductCamp there are no “attendees,” since everyone participates in some manner: This means you get to present, lead a roundtable discussion, share your experiences, help with logistics, help secure sponsorships, or volunteer. ProductCamp is a great opportunity for you to learn from, teach to, and network with professionals involved in the Product Management, Marketing, and Development process! From ProductCamp experience, it is understood that everyone has something they can teach and everyone has something they can learn.
ProductCamp Singapore is “the place” for active, novice and experienced Product Managers, Marketers and Designers to develop their craft, learn from each other, network in meaningful ways and have a lot of fun.
ProductCamp Singapore is part of a larger series of product management-related unconferences. See productcamp.org for a list of ProductCamps in your area or check out how to get to Singapore.
Is this event for me?
This event is for you if…
- you are involved in making products (digital like websites, web-apps, mobile applications, software, communities, social networks, online shops or non-digital like anything under the sun)
- your job title is product manager, product marketing manager, product owner (Scrum), product designer want to share ideas and experiences
- you can come to Product Camp, Singapore in September
ProductCamp Singapore and YOU….
ProductCamp Singapore is about Product Management but is open to all. The event is free to attend thanks to our wonderful sponsors. What is expected of you, if you join the community and attend the event, is to participate. There are no spectators; no one will be putting on a workshop, session, or event for you, but lots of people will come together for learning, networking and having fun with you. Got something to something to help others understand and use? Offer to lead a ProductCamp session. Skilled and semi-skilled folks are needed for the behind-the-scenes work of the events and organizations, so volunteer. More information about getting connected with ProductCamp Singapore is below.
No spectators, just participants!
This BarCamp-rule does not mean everybody has to do a Session, but everybody should come prepared to participate in an active manner.
- Prepare a presentation or moderate a workshop.
- Participate in discussions, ask questions during the sessions, support the presenter, be critical.
- Take photos and post them online for others.
- If you have a blog, write about ProductCamp Berlin – before, during, and after the camp.
- Get in touch with other campers and most importantly be open for new ideas and topics.
Be proactive, YOU are the ProductCamp Singapore! We want this event to cover the breadth of South East Asia and take a full international focus and we’re relying on each attendee to help make it so. You’re probably not going to want to miss this!