About Steve Johnson:
2:45: What Rich Mironov had to say about Steve?
3:30: What Adrienne Tan had to say about Steve?
5:00: Steve gives a rundown of his vast product management experience.
10:00: “The release schedule must align with your customer industry rhythms and not with product team schedules” What does it mean?
16:0: “Agile effects everyone in the organisation”. What does it mean?
22:00: Four types of skills for product management?
29:00 How should a product manager invest his time to be well-rounded in all the four skills?
30:45: Should product managers move across different domains in their careers?
37:00 What is roadmapping? How do you build one?
42: What is the difference between the bottoms up approach and top down approach of building the roadmap?
45:00: How should product managers plan their time?
53:00 War Stories: Steve’s biggest challenge in his product management career and lessons learnt?
58:00: Imagine that all the books and articles that you ever wrote on product management has vanished, say in another 100 years, you have neared your death, and if you are asked to leave three important piece of advice for the product managers, what would it be?
1:00:00: What are some of the books that may have influenced you over the years?
- “If you don’t take control of your calendar, someone else will”
- “48% of product management time is spent in unplanned activities”
- “The release schedule must align with your customer industry rhythms and not with product team schedules”
- “Agile effects everyone in the organisation”
- Steve’s Methodology : www.under10playbook.com
- Steve book recommendation: